The Supporters Club, FGR and KB Coaches in New Partnership to Deliver Away Travel for the New Season.
The season kicks off at Bristol Rovers on Saturday 30th July with a new approach to delivering the away coach travel. We will continue to use KB Coaches, but match and coach travel tickets will be sold by FGR. There will be a SC coach to every away match – league and all the cup competitions – to follow the First Team. If there is sufficient demand to run two or three coaches, even better.
Booking via FGR must be no later than 3pm on the Thursday afternoon, for a Saturday match; and 3pm on a Monday afternoon, for a Tuesday night match.
The SC recognise some subsidy by the SC may be required over the whole season, as we want to keep prices low. Coach costs are, however, approx. 25% higher due to fuel costs, so seat prices have increased for all.
Travel to support FGR by coach with the Supporters Club will be priced as follows:
* Travel Club members pay a lump sum of £332 to travel to all 23 League One games or £33.20 a month by Standing Order for the 10 months August to May. For those aged 16 or under the price is £230.
To become a Travel Club member, join the Supporters Club and then contact the SC Treasurer, email Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Richard on 07800802714, to sign up. Your seat will be reserved for every away League One match. If, for any reason, you cannot travel, then FGR need to be informed, so that the coach travel list is accurate on the day of travel.
* Adult SC members will pay £15, £18.75, £24 or £30 a seat, depending on the distance to be travelled. This is a 25% discount on the price for non-members. The FGR website will enable SC members for season 22/23 to claim their discount through a code which SC members will be provided with by the SC Membership Secretary.
* Adults, who are not SC members, will pay £20, £25, £32 or £40 a seat, depending on the distance to be travelled.
* Those aged 16 or Under – SC members or not, will pay £8, £13, £15 or £20 a seat, depending on the distance to be travelled. No one aged 16 or under can travel without a responsible adult.
All those travelling will need to have provided a mobile phone number and home number to be used in an emergency, when booking.
All coaches will have a SC representative on board. There will be an aboard goal-time raffle, so bring your one pound coins to buy two tickets. Comfort, food and drink stops are made on all journeys of over two hours. Please note no alcohol is allowed on the coach, whether to drink or not. As we are now in League One, the police take a much stricter approach to away travel coaches and must be formally notified of each trip. You can bring your own food and soft drinks to consume on or off the coach.
Coach pick-up points.
- FGR, The New Lawn, Another Way, Nailsworth, GL6 0FG. There is parking at the ground when FGR are playing away.
- Sainsburys, Dudbridge GL5 3HG. Look for the bus stop outside Sainsbury’s supermarket on the A.419 (picture below).
- Stonehouse, Springfield Business Centre, Brunel Way, Stonehouse Industrial Estate, Stonehouse GL10 3SX. Brunel Way is off Oldends Lane. From Stroud (heading towards M5) on the Bristol Road (A419) turn right at the Bonds Mill (Costa Coffee) Roundabout into Oldends Lane, turn left at the next roundabout into Brunel Way (Muller on your right, Furlong Flooring on your left) and Springfield Business Centre is first turning on your right. (Antics Models is the first company sign you will see) This is a small cul de sac and parking spaces are generally owned by companies some of whom work weekends and evenings so you will probably have to park on Brunel Way (see picture below).
Please park responsibly & legally at all the pickup points.
Please note: Ticket sales commenced for the Bristol Rovers match on Friday 1st July. FGR will therefore refund any Supporters Club members who were unable to claim the discount.
The Supporters Club will reduce the Travel Club membership cost by the difference between the price they paid for a Bristol Rovers coach ticket, if they have already purchased a ticket, and the assumed price they would have paid as a Travel Club member.