THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FOR SUPPORTERS TRAVELLING BY TRAIN OR THINKING OF GOING INTO BARNSLEY TOWN CENTRE BEFORE THE GAME.
Important information from Barnsley Council regards the pedestrian crossing at Jumble Lane.
Supporters and those using the town centre are advised of changes to the Jumble Lane crossing for the 22/23 seasons until the new Market Gate Bridge is installed.
When the crossing was closed in March 2019, a temporary bridge was erected over it. However, that bridge will now be closed for an hour before kick-off, during the match and an hour after each home game until further notice to support the safety of fans and other users. This is subject to change based on individual matches.
The alternative walking routes include:
– Midland Street, Eldon Street and Schwäbisch Gmünd Way
– Kendray Street, Mayday Green, Cheapside, Wesley Street, Lambra Road, Pontefract Road, Grove Street
There will be no access for supporters via the Alhambra Centre.
As part of the operation, the following changes will be in place at Barnsley Interchange:
– There will be no access through the Interchange, where the bridge will be closed except for those with access needs. – Access to and from the bus station will be via Eldon Street and Schwäbisch Gmünd Way.
– Access to the Interchange from Schwäbisch Gmünd Way will be for access to the railway station only, including being open for fans travelling to and from the game by rail.- The existing temporary accessible route via Schwäbisch Gmünd Way and the transport interchange is available for those with access needs.
Supporters are reminded to use the designated and installed crossing points on the roads for their own safety and the safety of other match-going fans.
Wheelchair users or supporters with pushchairs are advised to use the pavement/footway on the Court House side of Eldon Street during peak times to avoid congestion.
Market Gate Bridge will link the existing public transport and the Market Gate car park to The Glass Works as part of the redevelopment of Barnsley town centre. It will be fully accessible and will accommodate footfall on matchdays.
For more information on parking, click here. https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/roads-travel-and-parking/parking/
Barnsley Council, Barnsley FC and South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
Barnsley Interchange – Designed by dolphins or home to the Telly Tubbies?
(Link to Barnsley FC Visitor Guide – visitor-guide-22-23-v1-compressed.pdf (barnsleyfc.co.uk) )
- What is the cost of car parking and coach parking in the away car park?
£5.00 for Cars, £10.00 for Mini Buses (under 16 people) and £20.00 for Coach parking.
Can you inform your supporters and coach companies using Sat Navs to put in Queens Road Barnsley postcode S71 1AN and not the club postcode of S71 1ET? Otherwise, you will end up going up the wrong street to the away car park, from which there is NO entrance to the Car Park
- Is there any specific information for disabled fans and ambulant disabled fans travelling to the game? For example, do they need to advise anyone if they need car parking.
They should tell the steward at top of the car park, and they will direct them. Depending on the number of coaches you bring they should be directed to the bottom of the car park.
Further information is available in our supporters guide on the main club website www barnsleyfc.co.uk, under the matches link.
3, Are there any other designated away fan pubs in the Town centre or near to the ground?
Barnsley Metrodome Leisure centre, which is situated at the top of the away car park. They have limited capacity on matchdays.
Apart from Metrodome, there are NO other designated pubs due in the main to the distance from the ground and the ongoing problems at Barnsley rail/coach interchange.
Please see separate document on problems around the railway station and access
- AWAY TICKET COLLECTION.
Away fans are advised to collect any pre-booked tickets prior to the fixture from Main Reception at Oakwell which is in the South Stand. Tickets for away fans are usually available to collect from 6.30 pm onwards.
- Will alcohol be available in the away end for our fans? Is this beer and cider only or do you serve other alcoholic drinks?
It is mainly beer and cider and is served in the away end. Again, depending on numbers, they sometimes open another specific bar.
- Are match programmes only available outside the stadium?
They will be available at bottom of your Car Park
- Do you have a text (or other) service in the event our fans need to report any incident or unacceptable behaviour?
REPORTING PROCEDURE VIA KICK IT OUT APP.
You can report an incident of discrimination via the Kick It Out app which can be used on iPhone and Android devices. Download the product from the Apple Store or Google Play. If you are attending any home matchday and you have received or been witness to, or have any concerns about any incident of hate, you can report it immediately by texting HATE to 60777.
- Is there any other information that you think our fans should be aware of?
RE-ADMITTANCE There is no re-admittance to the stadium should you choose to leave before the end of the fixture.
FLAGS & BANNER POLICY
We encourage an exciting atmosphere at matches and fully endorse the bringing of flags and banners to Oakwell, but these must adhere to the guidelines set by the club in tandem with the stadium’s safety team as stipulated below: •
The Club reserves the right to refuse the allowance of flags or banners to be displayed, particularly if the content is deemed to be offensive, insensitive, discriminatory, defamatory or inflammatory.
- Any item that the Club or any of its employees deem possible to be used as a potential weapon and/or compromise public safety will not be permitted inside the stadium.
- Any item above the area of 60cm x 100cm must be flame retardant and have a fire safety certificate to prove so, provided in advance of kick-off.
- The flagpole should be no bigger than 7mm in diameter and one metre in length. The material should ideally be plastic and rounded/covered at the end.
- Flags and banners should be presented to stewards prior to entry to the stadium where they will be inspected in accordance with this list and approved prior to admittance.
- The Club reserves the right to confiscate any flags or banners brought into Oakwell Stadium which weren’t pre-approved by our stewards prior to entry.