Like FGR, Crawley are relative new-comers to the EFL, achieving league status for the first time in 2011. The clubs have had 10 league meetings between 2017 and 2022. FGR have had the edge in the head-to-head, winning 5 and drawing 2. The most memorable encounter was in Nailsworth in 2021 where Rovers finished 6-3 winners.
Crawley started the season well, with 6 wins, 2 draws & 2 losses from their first ten games. Back to back losses in October against Doncaster, Wrexham then Crewe have slowed them down but they are 12th in the league on 20 points, 9 points behind front-runners Stockport and with a game in hand (10 points better than Rovers).
Crawley’s recent results are;
- 24th Oct Walsall – Crawley Town
- 21st Oct Crawley Town 2-4 Crewe Alexandra
- 7th Oct Crawley Town 0-1 Wrexham
- 3rd Oct Doncaster 2-0 Crawley Town
- 30th Sep Crawley Town 3-0 Sutton
- 23rd Sep Grimsby 2-3 Crawley Town
- 16th Sep Crawley Town 3-2 Tranmere
- 9th Sep Crawley Town 3-1 Newport
- 2nd Sep Stockport 3-3 Crawley Town
- 26th Aug Swindon 6-0 Crawley Town
Crawley usually line up with a back three – often in a 3-4-2-1 or a 3-4-1-2 formation. In their last home loss to Crewe they played 3-5-2.
They tend to be better at home, and 8 of their 13 matches so far have been home fixtures – they have 5 points from their 5 away games. But Rovers, as we know, still have the worst home record in this league!