Happy 130th Birthday Rovers!
130 years ago in November 1889 Forest Green Rovers Football Club was formed. 72 years ago (1947) the Supporters Club (FGRSC) was formed.
Between 1949 and 1982 FGRSC built and part funded the team and funded various improvements to the ground, including new changing rooms, tannoy, levelling of the playing surface, and a new grandstand. In 1966 FGRSC raised a £5000 mortgage and built the new Forest Green Rovers Sports and Social Club and by 1970 it had tripled the Club’s income. The ground became the premier Non-League ground in the County until our move to our current home in 2006 Over recent decades the club’s income and turnover has dramatically increased and the Supporters Club have continued to assist financially, and in any other way we can.
We continue to invest in FGR and remain an important focal point for supporters to demonstrate support for FGRFC. We’re very proud to be here all these years later and look forward to the club continuing to thrive.